By joining the Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC, you are making a commitment to your profession, your colleagues and the patients you care for and treat. The RMTBC offers a wide variety of benefits and services to members. Practice resources, research funding, malpractice insurance, access to our Member and Family Assistance Program are but a few of the benefits you have once you join the RMTBC. To find out more about being a member and its benefits, please view the Membership Guide PDF.
As an advocate for the profession, the RMTBC is actively engaged with government, insurers and the public in promoting the profession.
As a supporter of evidence informed practice, the RMTBC strives to provide the latest in relevant research and studies related to the efficacy and effectiveness of massage therapy.
RMTBC offers a number of membership types.
(effective Oct. 1 2021)
- Active Membership | Dues ($400+GST) and Insurance ($254)
- Senior (60+ years) Membership | Dues ($250+GST) and Insurance ($254)
- New Grad Membership | Dues ($250+GST) and Insurance ($254)
- Associate Membership Non-practicing, Supplier or other Association | Dues ($250+GST)
- School Membership | Dues ($1000+GST)
- Student Membership | FREE
Members may pay in Full or Biannual (2) payments. An administration fee of $7.50 for each instalment will be charged for bi-annual payments.
Cheques are not accepted. Membership fees are pro-rated after January 1, 2021.
Malpractice & Commercial General Liability Insurance
Optional Malpractice Insurance
Practicing Members may also purchase optional Malpractice/Commercial and General Liability Insurance.
- Students are not included as insured under the Policies (mentioned above); and
- Students who wish to purchase insurance may contact RMTBC’s broker Wilson M. Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to do so themselves.
************* PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT*************
- The Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of British Columbia (“RMTBC”) at all times reserves the right to deny any individual member the opportunity to be included as an insured in the RMTBC insurance policies relating to Medical Malpractice Liability and to Commercial General Liability (the “Policies”) and to do so at its sole and exclusive discretion, whether reasonably or unreasonably exercised.
- Even if the RMTBC offers any individual(s) the opportunity to be an insured under the Policies, the insurance underwriters may refuse to include such individual members as insureds and such refusal may be made in the sole and exclusive discretion of the said underwriter(s).